- THE WORKS OF EDGAR ALLEN POE: Here’s a link to all his stories and poems. His macabre and dark approach to writing has touched many across the globe
- THE WORKS OF H.P LOVECRAFT: Another gothic writer whose style is both suspenseful and vivid
- THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW: Another classic, beware of the headless horseman
- THE TURN OF THE SCREW: A tale about a governess who becomes convinced that she and her charges are being stalked by ghosts.
- THE MONKEY’S PAW: You probably have heard of this one. Be careful what you wish for.
- THE LOTTERY: It might not seem like a horror story, but once you realize what’s happening you will definitly be horrified. If you don’t understand here’s a site that will clear some things up
- WHERE ARE YOU GOING, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN: About a 15 year old girl’s encounter with a threatening but charismatic stranger. A popular dark tale.
- THE SIGNAL MAN: By Charles Dickon’s, a railroad worker tells the story of a ghost that seems to appear to him as a premonition of some horrible railway tragedy
- THE MORTAL IMMORTAL: Mary Shelley may have been known for Frankenstein, but here’s another dark tale by her. It’s the story of a man who wants to play God, but finds his sanity is the price
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK: You probably have heard of the movie, but read the classic story behind it. Whenever she is seen, a child dies.
BONUS: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier: I read this for my Gothic Literature class in high school. I loved it. A dark novel with plenty of twists to keep you on the edge.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Masterpost of Gothic Novels
Omg The Turn of the Screw was my senior thesis. I should totally try to find that paper sometime…
White people whitewashed Jesus and Mary and many religious figures, but tell them that the devil is white and all of a sudden it's a problem
well sir there you have it. class dismissed.
Facts on facts on facts
This post makes me happy
Sandals on men? Not with socks, obviously.
Look at that last gif and tell me with a straight face that she wouldn’t make a great Harley. Like, comic Harley, not that animated series shit
Like woah! Someone embroider me a sweet denim jacket with this on the back! ~this image was a random pinterest find ~Fruit and Flower, embroidery by Maggie Rozycki Hiltner,#carriagehousebirth #uterus #doula #doulas #pregnancy #ladybits
Deconstructing Masculinity & Manhood with Michael Kimmel @ Dartmouth College
I want to take his classes so badly.
Republicans talking shit AGAIN. This @GOP tweet is the literal opposite of what they believe, campaign, and how they vote.
They know that no matter how outrageously they lie, their base will still believe them.
I reblogged this a couple weeks ago, but I’m reblogging it again because after sending that tweet out on September 1st, Republicans blocked equal pay (yet again) just two weeks later.
I remember when I used to do all nighters and party every weekend and get shit faced and go to parties and clubs with groups of random people I didn’t know and danced on stage and got so drunk I’d puke and act so stupid and now I’m all work, smoke, eat, sleep, repeat.
Honestly, that sounds like a person I would like to hang out with. Obviously he shouldn’t be doing that in a residential…
Ha! Usually it’s loud bassy music from the students, but this guy decided to prove you can be an antisocial prick AND an opera lover. He’s breaking down class barriers and proving anyone can be an asshole.